Need Help Downloading Raw Images as SAFE Files Using openEO

Hey everyone,

I hope you’re all doing well. I’m trying to download raw images and save them as SAFE files using openEO, but I’m having trouble figuring out the exact steps.

Has anyone successfully worked on a similar task before or has experience with openEO? If so, could you please guide me on how to download raw images and save them in the SAFE file format using openEO?

I’ve checked the documentation, but I couldn’t find specific details on this particular process. Any tips, code snippets, or examples would be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Best regards,
Ron Beiden

Hi Ron,

In openEO, the user works with data cubes, an abstraction layer that hides low level storage aspects such as raw SAFE files. You can download your openEO data cube in the formats that an openEO backend provides, but that is typically GeoTIFF or netCDF. I don’t think there is an openEO backend that support SAFE as download format.

In short, if you really want the low level raw SAFE files for technical reasons, openEO is not the right tool I’m afraid as it is intended to operate on a higher abstraction level.
Instead you should use more low level catalog/download APIs (details depend on what provider and data you have in mind)

1 Like