Slow create_job() + warning "preflight process graph validation failed"

Hi,

This is related to this discussion post, but the context seems different to me, since I am not working with a UDP.

I recently upgraded the openeo Python package from version 0.22.0 to 0.27.0.

Since then, create_job() seems to go a lot slower than before. I compared the elapsed time for the creation of a batch job (with the same script) in two different environments:

• environment with openeo 0.22.0 → 848 s (job-id: j-2401267b53df487f8d4cf46aa4941f0f)
  • environment with openeo 0.27.0 → 2 s (job-id: j-2401269f896444ffa8919dbb4d5b3a2d)

The job is created in both cases, but in the latter case, the following warning was printed:

Preflight process graph validation failed: ('Connection aborted.', RemoteDisconnected('Remote end closed connection without response'))

However, I’ve seen different variations of this warning, but it always starts with “Preflight process graph validation failed”.

Since it’s just a warning, it’s mainly the significant slow-down that concerns me. Is there any way to avoid it?

Kind regards,
Margot

Recent version of the openeo python library indeed do automatic validation of the process graph before sending it for actual processing. This might indeed cause job creation to be a bit slower.

If this is a problem, you can disable this auto validation feature by setting a flag when connecting, e.g.

connection = openeo.connect(..., auto_validate=False)

as documented at API (General) — openEO Python Client 0.28.0a1 documentation

Ok, thank you.